PSG&T

Processes in Structural Geology and Tectonics

Frequently Asked Questions

To PSG&T Home

How does full content access work for users?

How do I access password-protected pages?

My LOGIN does not work!

What do version numbers mean?

What about instructor access?

How do I use this online text?

Why can't I print pages (to printer or PDF)?

What about PowerPoints?

What are lecture recordings?

Why is translation of text into my native language not very good?

Who do I contact with issues and questions about site functionality?

Back to PSG&T Home

After paying the relevant charge, users receive a UserID and Password to the chapters content, offering access for 4-5 months. The ID and password are user-linked, so do not share.
Please use the correct economic designation rate to avoid a refund fee and delay to reorder; each PayPal order is checked for source country and handled accordingly.
Note that a response email with login details is not automatic, as orders are checked and typically processed once daily during the work week.

When you click on the Title of a password-protected page, such as a chapter (say, http://psgt.earth.lsa.umich.edu/chapter/1/structures.html) your browser should automatically ask for access with user: XXXXXXXX and password: XXXXXXXX (see below). If no box appears, you may have changed default browser settings or installed some blocker.

My LOGIN does not work!

Did you click on the Lecture Title to open the (authentication) access box?
Did you Copy-and-Paste the exact characters? Sometimes unintentional spaces or formatting are included by your default C/P software.
Did your access expire? See the original email confirmation with your personal login info for details.

What do version numbers mean?

In the version number x.y.z (such as v. 1.6.18), x is full e-text edition number, y is sequential chapter update (1-14), z is minor edits on the site (tipos, setnence tweaks, figrue corrections, etc).

What about instructor access?

Instructors who adopt the text for their class have free access that resets annually in June (to maintain access integrity). Instructors can identify teaching assistants for free access during the student access period. Instructors should email procsgt@gmail.com from their university account upon text adoption for UserID and Password info, and for teaching assistant access.

How do I use this online text?

You got this far, so you are essentially set.  Suggestions on use and various functionalities are discussed in the Preface.

Pages are designed for online access and use, so may not print from your browser (blank pages). Use copy/paste and screenshots for selective printing of the material.

What about PowerPoints?

PDFs of PowerPoint lecture presentations (by Ben van der Pluijm) are freely shared on the website (and linked on Facebook's EarthStructureWeb); no ID and password are required. Postings are by year, reflecting classroom use. Instructors can request .pptx originals upon formal adoption of the text; email procsgt@gmail.com.

What are lecture recordings? 

Experimental! Lectures (by Ben van der Pluijm) are recorded for local use and available to instructors upon request. This functionality is experimental and quality varies. Access to recordings requires a UserID and Password that is different from that of other access. Course instructors can request access for private sharing after text adoption; email procsgt@gmail.com.

Ask Google Translate. But it is workable, nietwaar?

If not answered in this FAQ, email procsgt@gmail.com, which reaches Ben van der Pluijm. Questions on the learning material are best answered by the nearest professor that teaches about structural geology and tectonics, or trying Wikipedia and Internet Search.

To top of FAQ

Back to PSG&T Home

Last update 14-apr-17