PSG&T

Processes in Structural Geology and Tectonics

Frequently Asked Questions

To PSG&T Home

How does full content access work for users?

How do I access password-protected pages?

I did not get login info after making appropriate payment.

My Access/LOGIN does not work!

Access/LOGIN still does not work!

What do version numbers mean?

What about instructor access?

How do I use this online text?

Why can't I print pages (to printer or PDF)?

What about PowerPoints?

Why is translation of text into my native language not very good?

Who do I contact with issues and questions about site functionality?

Back to PSG&T Home

After paying the relevant charge, users receive a UserID and Password to the chapters content, offering access for 4-5 months. The ID and password are user-linked, so do not share.
Please use the correct economic designation rate to avoid a refund fee and delay to reorder; each PayPal order is checked for source country and handled accordingly.

Note that a response email with login details is not automatic, as orders are checked and typically processed once daily during the work week.

When you click on the Title of a password-protected page, such as a chapter (say, http://psgt.earth.lsa.umich.edu/chapter/1/structures.html) your browser should automatically ask for access with user: XXXXXXXX and password: XXXXXXXX (see below). If no box appears, you may have changed default browser settings or installed some blocker.

I did not get login info email after making payment.

It is possible that email with login info did not reach you, but most likely you will find it in your SPAM/JUNK folder. We have no control where your email is stored and whether it is blocked or rerouted by your internet provider or email program. Check your folders and filters first and, if not there, then contact us with PayPal order details.
Allow at least two work days for a response as we check our records.

My Access/LOGIN does not work!

First, check if the site is up for you: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/psgt.earth.lsa.umich.edu
Did you click on the Lecture Title to open the (authentication) access box?
Did you Copy-and-Paste the exact characters? Sometimes unintentional spaces or formatting are included by your default C/P software.
Did your access expire? See the original email confirmation with your personal login info for details.

Access/LOGIN still does not work!

There may be an issue with the security settings on your end (browser or provider). Smartphone/tablet access settings seem particularly sensitive. PSG&T site access is locally tested on multiple browsers, but none can see your security settings. Try to access from a university-managed desktop to test access.

What do version numbers mean?

In the version number x.y.z (such as v. 1.6.18), x is full e-text edition number, y is sequential chapter update (1-14), z is minor edits on the site (tipos, setnence tweaks, figrue corrections, etc).

What about instructor access?

Instructors who adopt the text for their class have free access that resets annually in June (to maintain access integrity). Instructors can identify teaching assistants for free access during the student access period. Instructors should email procsgt@gmail.com from their university account upon text adoption for UserID and Password info, and for teaching assistant access.

How do I use this online text?

You got this far, so you are essentially set.  Suggestions on use and various functionalities are discussed in the Preface.

Pages are designed for online access and use, so may not print from your browser (blank pages). Use copy/paste and screenshots for selective printing of the material.

What about PowerPoints?

PDFs of PowerPoint lecture presentations (by Ben van der Pluijm) are freely shared on the website (and linked on Facebook's EarthStructureWeb); no ID and password are required. Postings are by year, reflecting classroom use. Instructors can request .pptx originals upon formal adoption of the text; email procsgt@gmail.com.

Ask Google Translate. But it is workable, nietwaar?

If not answered in this FAQ, email procsgt@gmail.com, which reaches Ben van der Pluijm. After using the PSG&T site's search function, questions on the material are best answered by the nearest professor that teaches about structural geology and tectonics, or using Wikipedia and Internet Search.

To top of FAQ

Back to PSG&T Home

Last update 27-oct-19